Information for Groups
It has proven beneficial in recent years to provide visiting groups in advance of arrival with the following points of information:
- Groups of children under 12 years of age are not permitted to stay as guestsat THE TENT
- Groups of above 26 people may only be accepted after consultation
- We will not accommodate groups belonging to commercial travel groups or agencies
- There are no seminar or group meeting facilities, i.e. meeting rooms or classrooms
- Groups are not permitted to use the guest kitchen, this is exclusively for our individual backpacking guests
- Groups may not cook or barbeque on the site.
It is possible to avail of our breakfast option or our dinner offer following consultation. We almost only use healthy produce in our meals and these are provided at very reasonable prices.
- It is not permitted to bring alcohol from outside onto the site. There is a noise curfew from 1am.
- Any infringement of the house rules (see sign) or failure to carry out duty of care by the group responsibles can result in expulsion and barring from the site.
Should a minor assume responsibility of the group at anytime during the stay, a parental permission slip is required for each group member as well as for said minder prior to the beginning of the group's stay.
- For any group without a Group Leader (i.e. school group/ university group) there must be at least one contact person with whom the house can communicate
We would ask that all groups behave respectfully towards all other guests.
Any disturbance caused (particularly noise) will be dealt with seriously.
Group leaders are hereby reminded of their duty of care obligation to their group members.